The Strategic Tape Reserve, headquartered in Cologne, West Germany, is a fully independent (non-aligned, secular) organization dedicated to the dissemination and responsible management of ferric cassette material and content.
Life isn’t always easy for indie/tape labels out there, as indicated by dissolution/shutdown of the likes of Romeda and Arachnidiscs. Amidst all the grim news, however, there are rays of hope and one such case is Cologne, Germany based Strategic Tape Reserve.
We last checked in with STR back in 2017 and we’re happy to report that as of 2020 the label is still going strong (STR’s Twitter feed indicates that they gained stand-up skills somewhere along the way too). This here mix features 15 utterly awesome tracks from various compilations and releases STR put out last year – think Whettman Chelmets, Elizabeth Joan Kelly and more. Dive in!
Robert Macbeth – Study into the Effects of Background Music on In-store Shopping Behaviour (See R. E. Milliman, 1982) [from ShopLand World]
- Retrospective 2017 Label Mixes Roundup – Field Hymns, Shadowtrash Tape Group, Strategic Tape Reserve
- Listen: Strategic Tape Reserve 2017 Mix
- Review: ShopLand World: Music for a Discovery Park of Miniature Supermarkets
- Blog Summary – September 2019: Pt. 2
- Review: “DJ VLK” – Ballermann Partykeller
- Video Premiere: Talking Book – Blood Aurora / Thermal Drift - 2nd April 2020
- Track-by-Track: Sound Effects of Death and Horror – The Rose and the Cross - 28th March 2020
- Review: Stella Splendens – Chromatophore - 28th March 2020