Delving into the realms of Polar Seas Recordings, it’s a label for drifting soundscapes for relaxation, or at other times — the minimalist hiss of reeling tapes paired with gentle transcendent sounds. Polar Seas is run with a burning passion for electronic music by Brad Deschamps, who puts emotions into pulsating sound as anthéne and is also half of North Atlantic Drift, along with Mike Abercrombie. – Ambiance Glitters
Another name to add to our ever-growing list of labels we’d like to keep our eye on – Polar Seas Recordings from Ontario, Canada. As noted above, people behind PSR are rather busy, both with their own projects (North Atlantic Drift, Anthene) and the growing label roster (with releases that go back all the way to 2012).
So it is with great pleasure that we present a mix that collects PSRs 2019 output. 7 tracks from artists based all over the world including Netherlands (Andarctica) and Indonesia (Strange Mountain II). Dive in!
And don’t forget to check our archives for even more awesome label mixes….
- New/Upcoming Music Releases: Trans Am – Thing (Thrill Jockey)
- Review: Rupert Lally – Strange Systems
- Listen: Guest Mix #3 by Incentive
- Listen: The Leaf Library Italo Calvino Disco Mix
- Interview with Kid Millions (Oneida) + Oneida favorites picked by our readers