How extreme is too extreme when it comes to music (stay out of this if you can, Gary Cherone)? The answer is “no such thing as too extreme”, at least when it comes to music of Washington trio Great Falls. Vicious racket they produce is the result of collaboration between past and present members of Kiss It Goodbye, Playing Enemy, Sutekh Hexen and 3D House Beef (to name just a few).
Much like a recent mix that Charlie Looker put together for us, GF mix does not focus on any specific genre. Rather, it includes bits of everything – from hip-hop (Gravediggaz) to metal (Monolord). See parts 1 and 2 of it here.
Most recent release by Great Falls is A Sense of Rest – available as both LP (co-release by Corpse Flower / Throatruiner) and CD (Init Records). Read some of the reviews of ASOR on Treble, Ghost Cult Mag, The Sludgelord, Svbterranean, Between the Lines Media and Inhale the Heavy.
Pt. 3 – Filter, Gravediggaz, Preoccupations, Mount Eerie, Yautja, The Mountain Goats, Speedy Ortiz, Monolord , Faraquet, Open Mike Eagle
Pt. 4 -Red House Painters, Warning, Neurosis, Stabbing Westward, Immolation, Sannhet, Ministry, Mitski, Dismember
- Listen: Mega Guest Mix by Great Falls – Pt. 1 + 2
- Best New Music From Boston and New England of 2017 – Songs 31-50
- Compilations from September 2020: Pt. 3
- New Music Releases – Young Widows – In And Out Of Youth And Lightness (Temporary Residence Limited)
- Best New Music From Boston and New England of 2017 – Songs 51-70
- Review: Eyes Everywhere – Through the Eye of Justice EP - 23rd November 2020
- Listen: Cosmic Church of I Heart Noise – Ep. 3 - 22nd November 2020
- Track-by-Track: Rupert Lally – Where the Dark Speaks - 20th November 2020