Sit down, kids, for I have a story to tell you. Back in the days when MySpace and Limewire ruled the land we had new mp3 players coming out every day and most of those allowed you to create your own mini-movies to go along with songs. There were no smartphones or tablets for us to use and no Kiks or Instagrams either (hard to believe, I know).
New video from our friends at Verses Records is a certain reminder of those wild days. You got your visualization (the colorful orbs that constantly move around) and you got a song (or rather improvisation) to go with it. Hidden somewhere within those orbs is a spirit of two talented individuals – Shane Parish and Wendy Eisenberg.
While we’re quite familiar with both Shane’s and Wendy’s work, Nervous Systems, their latest LP, marks the first time that the two collaborated – and it fills us with excitement to hear the news! And if you’re familiar with John Zorn’s work there are even more reasons to get excited. as both Shane and Wendy recorded for his label Tzadik.
Nervous Systems by Shane Parish and Wendy Eisenberg is out now on Verses Records.
- Blog Summary – March 2019: Pt. 3
- Watch: The Two Most Dissonant Chords on the Guitar
- Around 2019 in 12 Weeks: Label Mix by Verses Records
- Review: Lithics – Wendy Kraemer EP
- 10 Interviews From 2017
- Track-by-Track: Middle Blue – Weird Funk in Small Bars - 27th November 2020
- Review: Mood Taeg – Exophora - 26th November 2020
- Track-by-Track: Nicholas Burgess – Electric Brain Electric Silence - 24th November 2020