Last time we checked in with our associates at Psychic Graveyard, the crisis wasn’t even a tiny speck on the horizon. Now that they’re back with a new video and an album the bleakness on display seems even more in tune with times.
Rather short and enigmatic, both the song and the (animated) video leave a lot of questions, namely:
- what is 19th circuit?
- is this how our robotic future will look and sound like?
Given the repetitive nature of lyrics and all the white hot violent post punk/synth punk action taking place, its safe to assume that the two questions are connected. We’re most inclined to think that the circuit in question is a robotic jail of the future, futuristic analog of 7th circle from Dante’s Inferno.
If it is, indeed, the case, then we hope that the concept will stay purely an artistic one. With that said, there’s no denying the mesmerizing nature of both the song and the video (dark/disturbing as they may be).
Video by Federico Teramonte
- Video Premiere: Bloom de Wilde – Atlas Cassandra
- Why YACHT's Stunt May Be Misguided But Isn't Altogether Stupid
- Video Premiere: Allister Thompson – Spirit
- IHRTN's Wishlist – The First Time I Heard…Book Series
- Video Premiere: Equinox – 9 Days After 19 / Driven
- Track-by-Track: Middle Blue – Weird Funk in Small Bars - 27th November 2020
- Review: Mood Taeg – Exophora - 26th November 2020
- Track-by-Track: Nicholas Burgess – Electric Brain Electric Silence - 24th November 2020