Sleepwalking is a phenomenon in itself, but what about sleepwalking while riding a train? Petridisch explores the latter with his new single (dedicated to train station of the same name), out now on North Carolina label Silber Records as part of their ongoing Droneuary series.
Newton Highlands marks a couple of developments for Petridisch as a composer/musician – first is the increasing fascination (if not an outright obsession) with trains/train travel (see Small Train Song Home). Second is the fact that he’s moving further away from vocaloid and moving deeper into the dark ambient/drone territory.
For anyone new to Petridisch’s work we highly recommend checking out recent episode of Front & Follow radio show that features his live set from Dorchester Art Project / Fire Glow 3 mini-fest in its entirety. There’s also a vocaloid session he recorded for We Need No Swords, UK-based podcast run by Paul Margree.
- Recap: Mixes for Others
- Recap: IHN Compilations / Releases from 2019
- Watch: 40 for 40s – Petridisch/Cryostasium
- Listening Room: IWD2019 Edition with Kris Thompson, Matt Fifield and Petridisch
- New/Upcoming Music Releases – Kindling, Skyjelly, Dyr Faser and more!
- Review: Mood Taeg – Exophora - 26th November 2020
- Track-by-Track: Nicholas Burgess – Electric Brain Electric Silence - 24th November 2020
- Review: Jesu – Terminus - 24th November 2020