Remember the halcyon days of the late 90s and the fascination with / intense hunger for new electronic music that America had back then? Well, if you do and you miss those days, you will surely find something to like about Hidin Somethin – new one from Bary Center (aka Mark Williams).
With its strobe-heavy video and the mesmerizing/hypnotic techno grooves, Hidin Somethin takes you back to the days of AMP and Come to Daddy being in constant MTV rotation. Another reference point would be German label Kompakt (as pointed out by our composer-in-residence Petridisch) and their singular obsession with dark techno.
Watch out for Dystopia is for Lovers – Bary’s new LP that is coming this Spring that will mark his first vinyl release! See the album’s trailer here.
- Blog Summary – February 2019: Pt. 1
- Video Premiere: Petridisch – Newton Highlands
- Listen: A Lifetime of Temporary Prints Compilation
- Listen: Anti-Fascist Mix by Mark Chickenfish
- Video Premiere: Aaron Oppenheim – September Seas
- Track-by-Track: Middle Blue – Weird Funk in Small Bars - 27th November 2020
- Review: Mood Taeg – Exophora - 26th November 2020
- Track-by-Track: Nicholas Burgess – Electric Brain Electric Silence - 24th November 2020