50 Foot Wave is led by Kristin Hersh of Throwing Muses fame, so its no coincidence that the title track off of their Bath White EP sounds like a love letter to the early 90s (as well as sharks, beaches and occasional Californian brutality).
All the familiar elements are there – cryptic (and somewhat sinister) lyrics, angular guitars and crashing drums. All those blend together wondefully to form something rarely heard these days – an authentic rock’n’roll record that is imbued with sense of both danger and excitement.
Dive in if you’re not afraid of being bitten or stung.
- Song Premiere: Ship & Sail – Get Clean
- Theory Of Everything – Bios – Foot Village
- Review – Darkthrone – Circle The Wagons (Peaceville, 2010)
- Phantom Family Halo
- Review: Dire Wolves / Headroom Split
- Video Premiere: Talking Book – Blood Aurora / Thermal Drift - 2nd April 2020
- Track-by-Track: Sound Effects of Death and Horror – The Rose and the Cross - 28th March 2020
- Review: Stella Splendens – Chromatophore - 28th March 2020