50 Foot Wave is led by Kristin Hersh of Throwing Muses fame, so its no coincidence that the title track off of their Bath White EP sounds like a love letter to the early 90s (as well as sharks, beaches and occasional Californian brutality).
All the familiar elements are there – cryptic (and somewhat sinister) lyrics, angular guitars and crashing drums. All those blend together wondefully to form something rarely heard these days – an authentic rock’n’roll record that is imbued with sense of both danger and excitement.
Dive in if you’re not afraid of being bitten or stung.
- Song Premiere: Ship & Sail – Get Clean
- Review – Darkthrone – Circle The Wagons (Peaceville, 2010)
- Theory Of Everything – Bios – Foot Village
- Download – Pro-Creation Rockers compilation (Deathbomb Arc)
- Review – STFU – Yum 1
- 2020 in Review / Ten Favorite Albums of Matthew J. Rolin - 26th January 2021
- 2020 in Review // Mix by TQN-aut - 25th January 2021
- Track-by-Track: This Ship Argo – Always the Bees: Never the Honey - 24th January 2021