First up is a recent seasonal tape from Allston Pudding – this one features both familiar names (Curse Purse, Dead Cats, Dead Rats / Space Mountain / Streight Angular (who shared a bill with Skyelly at the Democracy Center as Deep Likes) / Soft Fangs (see also – recent edition of Pazz & Jop)) and some new ones (Bat House, Raw Blow, Vesper Chimes, St. Nothing). Dive in and save/savor the local music while you’re at it!
Up next is a curious item – while No Ruido, No Noise is put out by Texas label Edgar’s Friends, it includes plenty of locals (Sadie from Speedy Ortiz, Downtown Boys, Malportado Kids). It also is a benefit compilation for the family of Tamir Rice.
Edgar Gonzalez is a young man, writer, and label owner based out of the Hidalgo County Region of the Rio Grande Valley. Over the years, Edgar’s support and creative visions within the RGV cultural space have manifested into glowing tape releases, beautiful publications, and deep friendships. Without Edgar, I can honestly say my own shows, especially Galax Z Fair, would not be what they are today. As a friend, his influence and support is deep, both to me, and to this scene.
So it’s from the warmest depth of my soul to express major excitement for Edgar’s deepest vision yet: NO RUIDO | NO NOISE – a compilation featuring the best and brightest independent artists in America, coming together to raise funds to help calm, hold, and breathe life into a family affected by the ills of society- the family of Tamir Rice.
- Recap: Recent Posts on BBE
- Stream – Localz Only Fall Mixtape 2015
- Listomania – Boston/Mass Record Labels
- Listen: Não Passarão! Compilation
- A-Z of Amphetamine Reptile – S.W.A.T.
- Track-by-Track: Nicholas Burgess – Electric Brain Electric Silence - 24th November 2020
- Review: Jesu – Terminus - 24th November 2020
- Listen: Fighter Jets x IHeartNoise November 2020 Mixtape - 24th November 2020