The universe inhabited by Worcester’s own Prefab Messiahs resembles one of R. Crumb’s psychedelic posters—there’s plenty of room for cartoon characters and bright colors, and it also feels as if there’s a slight whiff of madness to it all.
The Messiahs come out strong here with “Children of Nuggets” vibes, some 30 years in the waiting! We’re talking Soft Boys, Nerves, Plimsouls, Dukes of Stratosphere.
KYSDA is the latest from Prefab Messiahs – Worcester’s quartet first original studio material in 30 years (co-released by Burger Records and KLYAM)! Gleefully out of touch and step with time, the album follows adventures of idealistic young man plagued by self-doubt and disillusionment.
Boston Hassle got a number of reports on both single tracks from the album and the album itself:
Record Review (I Heart Noise / BBE)
Premier: Weirdoz Everywhere (Jonathan Donaldson)
Prefab Messiahs – Keep Your Stupid Dreams Alive video (Sarah Moylan)
Other reviews for the album come from Impose Magazine / Liz Pelly, WVAU, If It’s Too Loud, The Active Listener and Worcester Telegram. Finally, there’s retro-tastic video for College Radio (which is also going to be featured on upcoming Boston Not LA 4):
- Preview of Boston Not LA 4
- To-do list for BBE reader – Oct. 23, 2015
- Listen: The Prefab Messiahs – 21st Century Failure
- Watch: The Prefab Messiahs – (Don't Give Up On) Beautiful Things
- Preview of Boston Not LA 4 (III)
- Track-by-Track: Cool and Frank – Contacts in the Unseen World EP - 24th October 2020
- Review: USA Nails – Character Stop - 24th October 2020
- Track-by-Track: Sunbane – Crooked Timber - 23rd October 2020