Skyjelly‘s music spans multiple genres – from shoegaze/ambient (Move on 45, Providence) to psych/improv (Seamagnet, Julius) to genres whose names weren’t invented yet and thus could be described as being pure Skyjelly (Motorola Monkey, Acosta, The 6 is Silent). The only official recording from the band so far has been Skyjelly and SUN EP, but the band constantly puts out improvisations and practice tracks on Youtube (many of which can be heard in this podcast).
Discussion panel for the evening included Ilya (I Heart Noise / BBE), Freddie Rodriguez, Sophie MacArthur (who provided both commentary and recording of podcast), Sarah Samways and Mario Epstein (one half of noise/shoegaze duo Drunk Cop).
Head over to Boston Hassle to read the transcript of the podcast.
Skyjelly also played a follow-up show at DC with Yoshi Walsh (Streightangular) band Deep Likes
On a Different Note:
- Write Up – Sarah Moylan on Dreamcrusher
- To-do list for BBE reader – Oct. 23, 2015
- 7 Reasons to see the next I Heart Noise showcase!
- Preview of Boston Not LA 4
- Boston Not LA Recap – Ghost Box Orchestra + Skyjelly + Walter Sickert and the Army of Broken Toys