Today, we’re going to take a trip through two different corners of Boston – Somerville and Cambridge and take a look at two music incubators spawned by both.
Somerville serves as headquarters for Muziclab – part social network for musicians/fans, part music event organizer. Its a brainchild of Virginia natives John and Pete Dorrell who started the company few years ago with goal of finding and promoting the best of local music.
Last few years saw Muziclab putting together numerous events in Somerville, Boston and Allston – Porchfest, as the name implies, takes place outside and Labfest takes place in various locations around Boston area.
Some of the mainstays of Labfest/Porchfest include Skyjelly, Valentin Prince and Mary Casiello.
Cambridge is a host to Cheap Seats – monthly showcase of poetry, music and indescribable randomness of various sorts (as well as occasional nudity, noise and swearing).
While clearly not for the faint hear, CS serves as a guiding light for those who appreciate something different from the norm.
- Interview – Skyjelly
- IHRTN is B-A-C-K – Muziclab connection, ihrtn.net and more!
- Mixtape – Pazz and Jop (II)
- BBE Podcast – Skyjelly + Live Videos from the Democracy Center
- Download – Preview of Boston Not LA Vol. 3
- Review: Eyes Everywhere – Through the Eye of Justice EP - 23rd November 2020
- Listen: Cosmic Church of I Heart Noise – Ep. 3 - 22nd November 2020
- Track-by-Track: Rupert Lally – Where the Dark Speaks - 20th November 2020