We first discovered Paul Belbusti’s musical alter ego Mercy Choir last year while on a hunt for Great Singles from New England. Dark and ominous (and darkly ominous) stylings of the project left us very impressed and now we’re proud to present a mix that Paul created for us!
The mix brings together raging rawk (Jay Reatard, Chavez, PJ Harvey), pop (ABBA, Greg Kihn) and Paul’s own work. There are also some very risque cuts from Pissed Jeans and Mighty Sparrow included within.
In addition to recording as Mercy Choir, Paul runs his own imprint Dead Language Records. He is 1/2 of Connecticut improv duo Rivener and more recently Analog Submission Press published his collection of prose/poems entitled Imperial Pools.
- Post-Independence Marathon – New Music from Connecticut
- Best New Music From Boston and New England of 2017 – Songs 1-10
- Listen: Boston Becomes Eclectic – Episode #2
- 12 Years of I Heart Noise // Post-Independence Marathon: Vol. 2
- Spring 2019 Sampler – Artist Bios: Pt. 3