Adventures in Dubbing is a UK label that produces limited edition tapes, hand-stamped and lovingly packaged
The problem with end of year lists, apart from them appearing before the end of the year (zing), is that you inevitably miss something out. I’ve already put together a mix of some of my favourite tapes from this year (https://soundcloud.com/adventures-in-dubbing/end-of-year-mix-2016) so here’s a list of what I couldn’t squeeze in.
In no particular order we have, abstract experimentalism from M/M and Gr◯un土 and Kabamix, various shades of ambient from Dang Olsen Dream Tape, Kyle Landstra/Braeyden Jae & Amulets, pitched down wooziness via Betonkust & Palmbomen II, the dubby minimalist techno of Kritzkom and Ferro Tapes, Beatrice Dillon/Ben UFO joining the dots, APHEX TWIN.
Now what did I forget…
Dang Olsen Dream Tape – Moody Snooz (Hyle Tapes)
Kritzkom – Oscillipsea (Where To Now?)
M/M – Before We Lost Ourselves (Czaszka Rec.)
Amulets – Auras (Spring Break Tapes!)
Various Artists – Ferro 04 (Ferro Tapes)
Gr◯un土 and Kabamix – MIZUNOKUNI (Bokeh Versions)
Kyle Landstra/Braeyden Jae – Split (Geology Records)
Aphex Twin – Cheetah EP (WARP)
Beatrice Dillon/Ben UFO – 43:44 / 44:32 (Wichelroede)
- Guest Mixes Roundup – February 2016
- Searching for the Perfect Pitch // A Disciples Label Mix
- Jenova 7 – The Sounds of Sector 7
- New/Upcoming Music Releases – June 2012 – MBV, Om and more!
- Listening Room – January 5, 2018
- Track-by-Track: Middle Blue – Weird Funk in Small Bars - 27th November 2020
- Review: Mood Taeg – Exophora - 26th November 2020
- Track-by-Track: Nicholas Burgess – Electric Brain Electric Silence - 24th November 2020