A new full-length by this long-running California band, which is scheduled for release on August 24th via Asthmatic Kitty label.
Trumans Water never really went away. Scarce in their native land, yes — that, indeed, the veteran American “spazz-rock”/”squiggle-core” group has been in recent years. (Increasingly more obscure as well, relatively unknown to untold pods of younger blog-rockin’ folk — sharp-eared discerners, who might well luv TW were they to know TW — if still deemed “legendary” by those who, a) remember Trumans’ halcyon days in America’s early/mid-‘90s “guitar-rock” underground; b) recall the life-altering praise from abroad, with the late great all-time tip-top good-taste-making radio DJ John Peel championing them over international airwaves, and the Melody Maker making this pithy 1993 assessment: “Sonic freaks with a lust for life, Trumans Water make Pavement sound like U2.” Hear, hear? Not bad — but your call.)
Read more on Astmathic Kitty website.
Tracklist: Since Yesterday / Bev Toxin / Ammunition / Ur-Cod / Greased Water / Blasphemous Cordialantlers Ride! / 2 Hands 4 Eyes / Thew Eak Hen / 5-7-10 Split / We Fish/ Radio Played / You Live Out Loud / Horsesplinter Wraparound
- Download / Streaming Vault – Minus The Bear's "Planet Of Ice" + Asthmatic Kitty Samplers
- Label Showcase – Chrome Peeler, Asthmatic Kitty, Suicide Squeeze
- Upcoming Music Releases – Young Adults – Black Hole (AMDISCS)
- Sonic Youth Week – Profile – Kim Gordon
- Upcoming Music Releases – No Age – Everything In Between (Sub Pop) + hear their new single “Glitter”
- Track-by-Track: Nicholas Burgess – Electric Brain Electric Silence - 24th November 2020
- Review: Jesu – Terminus - 24th November 2020
- Listen: Fighter Jets x IHeartNoise November 2020 Mixtape - 24th November 2020