Pale Sketcher is a new project of Justin K. Broadrick (Jesu / Techno Animal / Godflesh) and his debut under this moniker (an album of remixes of Jesu’s 2007 “Pale Sketches album) is going to come out on August 24th via Ghostly International label.
For fans of heavy music, Justin K. Broadrick is a household name. After stints in seminal UK grindcore band Napalm Death, industrial/metal outfit Godflesh, and dark dub duo Techno Animal (with Kevin Martin of The Bug / King Midas Sound), Broadrick re-emerged in 2002 as the leader of Jesu, a shoegaze-like metal project. Broadrick’s newest–and, to many purists, most controversial—venture is Pale Sketcher , in which the artist replaces guitars with synthesizers and drums with machines, but maintains his penchant for bleakly beautiful sounds.
Read the rest of the entry on Brainwashed website.
Pale Sketcher may not exhibit the classically heavy Broadrick sound, but its crunching rhythms and smokey textures have more in common with the artist’s past than it may initially seem.
- Band Profile – Jesu
- Upcoming Music Releases – Jesu – Heart Ache / Dethroned (Hydra Head)
- Upcoming Music Releases – Jesu – Opiate Sun
- Stuff You Might've Missed – Jesu
- New Music Releases – Transitional – Stomach Of The Sun
- Track-by-Track: Middle Blue – Weird Funk in Small Bars - 27th November 2020
- Review: Mood Taeg – Exophora - 26th November 2020
- Track-by-Track: Nicholas Burgess – Electric Brain Electric Silence - 24th November 2020