Third studio album from Chicago duo Locrian (Andre Foisy and Terrence Hannum) . It was named after a JG Ballard 1964 novel of the same name and is set for release on Nov. 27th via Utech Records. Vinyl version of the album is coming in 2011.
Locrian have announced the upcoming release of “The Crystal World” on November 27, 2010, via Utech Records. “The Crystal World” is the third studio album from Locrian. Titled after JG Ballard’s 1964 novel that tells the story of a physician who specializes in leprosy sent to a remote African outpost to discover a jungle that is slowly crystallizing and encroaching upon everything it touches. Disc one comprises six tracks while disc two consists of one extended piece, “Extinction,” that picks up on the intensity of disc one and sustains it for close to an hour. On “The Crystal World,” Terence Hannum, and André Foisy, are joined by Steven Hess (On, Pan American, Ural Umbo) on percussion and electronics. – Plug In Music
The album will feature artwork by Justin Bartlett.
Further Info: Avant Music News | Doom Forever Doomed | Doommantia | Infernal Masquerade | Hammersmashedsound | Metal Rules | Plug In Music | Puregrainaudio | VBERKVLT / Justin Bartlett
- The Crystal World – The Reviews Are In!
- Locrian Interview
- Review – Locrian – The Crystal World (Utech)
- Band Profile – Locrian
- Download – Free Samplers From Utech Records, Room40 and Hydra Head
- Track-by-Track: Nicholas Burgess – Electric Brain Electric Silence - 24th November 2020
- Review: Jesu – Terminus - 24th November 2020
- Listen: Fighter Jets x IHeartNoise November 2020 Mixtape - 24th November 2020