Calling on collective power of our followers to help us get through the vast discographies! The artists in question this time are Don Van Vliet (aka Captain Beefheart), Japanese psych-rock vets Acid Mothers Temple and Australian guitarist Oren Ambarchi.
What other artists with large discographies would you like us to tackle next? Feel free to sound off in comments and/or check out Vinyl and Indie Labels discussion.
What's the best place to start with Acid Mothers Temple?
— IHeartNoise (@Iheartnoise) May 4, 2019
What's the best place to start with Oren Ambarchi and his discography?
— IHeartNoise (@Iheartnoise) April 10, 2019
I've never owned anything by Captain Beefheart, feels like I should have. Can anyone recommend a starting point and/or compilation? I'm not snobby about "best of" albums.
— Random Sense (@tedrogersbrains) May 8, 2019
- Music Recommendations for March 2019
- Unspooling the Thread: Vinyl and Indie Labels
- Music Recommendations for August 2019: Pt. 4
- Music Recommendations for October 2019: Pt. 1
- New Music Releases – August 2020: Pt. 2
- Track-by-Track: Cool and Frank – Contacts in the Unseen World EP - 24th October 2020
- Review: USA Nails – Character Stop - 24th October 2020
- Track-by-Track: Sunbane – Crooked Timber - 23rd October 2020