TR is a WYBC Yale Radio show run by Cris Shirley, which promotes “discarded sounds and noises” as well as “experiments in the exploration of the ecology of the radio and sound”. In addition to this, the mission statement affirms that “Radio will be used both as the instrument of broadcast and as the instrument of composition” and “Oral histories will also be broadcast along with old radio and commercial content to both simultaneously dislocate and recontextualized the experience of radio.”
So far, the show includes 6 volumes – “Shortwaving and Associate”, “Tripping Over The Psychedelic Waves”, “RANTS!”, “Extreme Slow Dance”, “Hella Noise” and “oH NO! Yoko Tribute”.
Check it out here – archive.org page for a show includes mp3, podcast and playlists for every volume of the program.
- Podcast – Double Mega! From Bridges & Squares (w/ Radio Control and Alchemilla)
- Listen: Tuath Interviews The Octopus Project
- I Heart Noise on Breakthru Radio
- Spool's Out – Episodes 1 Through 4
- Review – Sun City Girls – Torch of the Mystics
- Unspooling the Thread // Exploring African Music with Greg Nieuwsma - 25th May 2020
- Track-by-Track: Closed Circuits – Lucifer - 25th May 2020
- Upcoming Livestreams / Online Shows / Festivals – May 2020 - 21st May 2020