In the dark times
Will there also be singing?
Yes, there will also be singing.
About the dark times.
While Bertolt Brecht may not have lived long enough to see DJT’s rise to power (and the subsequent rise of white supremacy), the above quote still very much applies in 2019. There’s no shortage of people singing about dark times nowadays, but what makes new single from Nervous Curtains stand out is that they created some serious grooves to go along with the ominous message.
And speaking of grooves…another quote that comes to mind is that by Peter Gabriel who claimed that a good song makes you dance and it also makes you think. “Paramilitary Re-Enactor” certainly checks both boxes – the rhythm is there, the message is there (and it gets more poignant every day) plus you also get delicious layered harmonies, a cherry on top of the cake, as it were.
I Tried To Fight It But I Was Inside It by Nervous Curtains is out on Aug. 9th via Dreamy Life Records
- Blog Summary – August 2019: Pt. 1
- Video Premiere: Elizabeth Joan Kelly – Harm
- Video Premiere: Buck Curran – War Behind the Sun
- Video Premiere: Coupler – The Technocrat
- Song Premiere: Mother Moses – Bowling Shoes
- Track-by-Track: Middle Blue – Weird Funk in Small Bars - 27th November 2020
- Review: Mood Taeg – Exophora - 26th November 2020
- Track-by-Track: Nicholas Burgess – Electric Brain Electric Silence - 24th November 2020