Seventh studio album by Scottish band Mogwai – a follow-up to their 2008 “The Hawk Is Howling” LP. “Hardcore” came out in UK and Europe on February 14 (via Rock Action Records) and on February 15 Sub Pop released US version of the record.
Mexican Grand Prix
Rano Pano (MP3)
Letters To The Metro
George Square Thatcher Death Party
How To Be A Werewolf
Too Raging to Cheers
You’re Lionel Richie
Limited edition of the album includes a bonus CD featuring an additional track entitled ‘Music for a Forgotten Future (The Singing Mountain)’. “Music” was recorded for an art installation by Douglas Gordon and Olaf Nicolai.
Reviews: LA Times | Consequence Of Sound | Slant Magazine | The Owl Mag | Paste Magazine | No Ripcord
+ 2 video reviews from The Needle Drop and James Hodgson
What are your thoughts on the album? Share them in comments section.
- Blog Summary – February 2020: Pt. 1
- More details on “Wreck” – Reviews, Interviews and Album Preview!
- Upcoming Music Releases – Xiu Xiu – Dear God, I Hate Myself
- My Father Will Guide Me Up A Rope To The Sky – The Reviews Are In!
- Album Highlight – Flaming Lips – In A Priest Driven Ambulance (Restless, 1990)
- Video Premiere: Talking Book – Blood Aurora / Thermal Drift - 2nd April 2020
- Track-by-Track: Sound Effects of Death and Horror – The Rose and the Cross - 28th March 2020
- Review: Stella Splendens – Chromatophore - 28th March 2020