Solar Flare Records is a French label that specializes in noise, punk and hardcore and since inception in 2010 it put out records by Pigs (Brooklyn band that features members of Unsane and Converge) and American Heritage among others.
Two upcoming releases on the label are by Melvins associates Big Business and a brand new band called Fashion Week who have one colorful biography as seen on MetalSucks (not to reveal too much, but it does mention a band called Food Fighters and an album called Clorox that came out in 1989).
Big Business – Battlefields Forever
It’s like 70’s rock’n roll all over again!
European re-releases of the band’s latest LP which came out in 2013 on Gold Metal Records. Expect sludge, sludge and more sludge (as usual) – as heard in record stream available via BBs Bandcamp page.
Fashion Week is another sludgy trio – this time out of New York and rounded out by members that played with Jarboe, Inswarm and Victory at Sea. The aforementioned cheeky bio hints at whatever can be heard inside Pret-a-Porter (which also happens to be the band’s debut) – a thick, distorted sound that is not too far off from that of the early 90s. Check out the record stream here.
Both bands are currently on tour – Big Business will be supported by Clutch and Mastodon and the tour will take them through parts of Canada and US (more here), while Fashion Week will play with Austin’s SkyAcre and dates can be seen here.
- Melvins Special / '11 Releases Overview – Big Business – Quadruple Single (Gold Metal)
- 8 Years of I Heart Noise / 80 Entries of Sonic Love – Pt 1
- Flashback – Tweets from May 2015
- 10 Releases From A Departing Year – Melvins – Nude With Boots
- Melvins Download Vault – Scion A/V Remix Series: (the) Melvins + Evil New War God + Nude With Boots
- Track-by-Track: Cool and Frank – Contacts in the Unseen World EP - 24th October 2020
- Review: USA Nails – Character Stop - 24th October 2020
- Track-by-Track: Sunbane – Crooked Timber - 23rd October 2020