Nadja is a duo of Aidan Baker (guitars/vocals/piano/woodwinds/drums) and Leah Buckareff (bass/vocals). Nadja began in 2003 as a solo project for Baker to explore the heavier/noisier side of his experimental/ambient music performed mainly on the electric guitar. In 2005 Buckareff joined in order to make the project more than just a studio endeavour and to allow Nadja to perform live.
The duo combines soundscape, electronics and atmospheric vocals with slow, epic riffs and dirge-like percussion, creating a slowly moving grand wall of music that has been described asdrone, ambient-doom, and shoegazer-metal. Aidan noted that they prefer to call their style of music “ambient metal” or “ambient doom”, though he’s fond of the term “dreamsludge” as well.
To celebrate the upcoming release of Nadja’s Dagdrøm here’s a collection of music from the Canadian duo.
The set includes fan videos, live performances and much more!
Stays Demons – Fan video. Original appears on Touched (Alien8, 2007)
Breakpoint – Fan Video. Original appears on Truth Becomes Death (Alien8, 2005)
Live at the Incubate Festival – Tilburg, The Netherlands 2011
Live at Aktovyy Zal – Moscow, Russia 2011
Dead Skin Mask – Slayer cover. Original appears on When I See The Sun Always
Shines On TV (The End, 2009)
The Sun Always Shines On TV – A-ha cover. Original appears on When I See The Sun
Always Shines On TV (The End, 2009)
- New/Upcoming – Nadja, Tomahawk, Om and more!
- Unsane Special – Pt. 2 – Covers
- New Music Releases – March 2011
- Audio/Video Mixtape – Parts & Labor
- The Covers Mixtape – Helmet
- Track-by-Track: Cool and Frank – Contacts in the Unseen World EP - 24th October 2020
- Review: USA Nails – Character Stop - 24th October 2020
- Track-by-Track: Sunbane – Crooked Timber - 23rd October 2020