In and out of focus in a hallucinogenic haze, Bill’s conversations with himself follow a travel-worn map copied over and over again. The picker journeys sonically from familiar to unknown places, a style suspended between the traditional and the avant-garde, expansive and flowing like boiled-over magma.
We’re proud to welcome a new guest mix contributor into our fold – Chicago guitarist-composer-improviser and Drag City artist Bill MacKay! Bill’s extensive catalog of work features both solo releases and collaborations with the likes of Matt Lux (Isotope 217) and Ryley Walker.
Mix that he compiled for us features both his own work + songs by Wipers, Bowie, Body/Head, Hendrix and many others. Dive in!
- Moogfest 2017: A Recap
- Big Ears 2019 Recap + 2020 announcement!
- Blog Summary – June 2019: Pt. 2
- Recap: Big Ears 2019 – Day 1-4
- Upcoming Boston Shows/Events – June 2018
- Upcoming Releases: Matmos – The Consuming Flame - 7th July 2020
- Track-by-Track: Polypores – Universe B - 6th July 2020
- Unspooling the Thread // Favorite Record Labels (Pt. 1) - 6th July 2020