Based in Providence, Rhode Island (USA) and combining dark ambient electronics, metal guitars and excruciatingly inhuman vocals, TOVARISH explore themes such as bio-terrorism, man-made disasters and paranoia. Glacially-paced, cold, and depressive, their music challenges listeners with dense, aleatory textures offering only fleeting respite in brief moments of coherent rhythm and melody.
Lest anyone forget – we got our first Providence show coming up this October! And its time to talk Providence/RI music yet again – and this time the selection comes from an interestingly named Tovarish, an unapologetically dark trio out of Providence that clearly more than a bit of interest in all things Russian/Eastern European.
The mix they made for us is all over the map – both geographically (covering not only Providence and Rhode Island, but nearby states) and genre-wise (think sludge, metal, industrial and everything in between). Step in, if you dare!
Plus few tracks that are not on Bandcamp, namely:
Power Monster – Slag
Xiphoid Dementia – Malevolence
Decent News – It’s Not Innocuous
And if you’re hungry for more music from Providence, we highly recommend checking out Sing Sylphid Sing, a mix by RI chanteuse Allysen Callery!
- Providence: Publications/Press of Interest
- Providence: Points of Interest
- Listen: One More Mile to Providence – Vol. 1
- Post-Independence Marathon – New Music from Rhode Island
- A-Z of Skin Graft Records – Athletic Automaton
- Watch: IHN Fest 7/1 - 2nd July 2020
- Summer Days in a Quarantine Haze // Guest Mix by Andrew Anderson - 1st July 2020
- Track-by-Track: Deeper Graves – Open Roads - 30th June 2020