Main Entry: Jesus Lizard / Scratch Acid
According to various websites, Jesus Lizard are going to play at All Tomorrow Parties festival in 2009. Here’s official press release:
All Tomorrow’s Parties are extremely excited to announce that THE JESUS LIZARD have reformed and will perform at the Fans Strike Back festival in 2009.
In what has to rank as one of the most unlikely developments in rock, the awe-inspiring primal force of the Jesus Lizard will return, briefly, in 2009. The original lineup of David Yow, Duane Denison, David Wm. Sims and Mac McNeilly will reform for a very limited series of live dates in 2009, starting with the All Tomorrow’s Parties event dubbed The Fans Strike Back in Minehead, UK on May 9 and 10 and ending with a final appearance in Chicago in late November. These shows will be the Jesus Lizard’s first since disbanding in 1999 and the first in twelve years to feature the original storied quartet. As anyone who has experienced the Jesus Lizard live can attest, they are one of the most intense and visceral musical assemblies to ever stalk a stage. This fleeting reunion offers an incredible opportunity to either be blown away all over again or to immerse yourself in the sweaty power and driving mayhem for the very first time.
In celebration of this event, Touch and Go Records will reissue four full-length releases from the Jesus Lizard in May 2009. Remastered recordings of Head, Goat, Liar, and Down will be available on both LP and CD, all with expanded packaging and liner notes. Bob Weston is heading up the remastering process with Steve Albini, the original session engineer, sitting in.
- 2011 Releases Highlight – Jesus Lizard – Club (MVD)
- New Music Releases – Jesus Lizard – Inch
- Upcoming Music Releases – Jesus Lizard – Club (MVD)
- Stuff You Might've Missed – Jesus Lizard
- IHRTN Video Mixtape – Live And Loud!
- Review: Mood Taeg – Exophora - 26th November 2020
- Track-by-Track: Nicholas Burgess – Electric Brain Electric Silence - 24th November 2020
- Review: Jesu – Terminus - 24th November 2020