If you got some money to spare and a desire to fund a good cause, here’s something that you might look into – a selection of running crowdfunding campaigns of interest run by Boston artists and art collectives!
Campaign: Boston Hassle Fest 7
Amount raised as of Sep. 29: $815
Goal: $10,000 by Oct. 28
What it is: A campaign to raise money for this year’s edition of Hassle Fest that will feature both local and national acts including Screaming Females, Dent, Guerilla Toss, The Channels and many more. The show will headlined by David Yow (Jesus Lizard / Scratch Acid / Qui) performing with legendary Flipper.
Campaign: Dust Bunny vinyl record by Twink
Amount raised as of Sep. 29: $2,845
Goal: $3,000 by Oct. 1 (flexible funding – the project will go forward even if it won’t reach the goal)
What it is: Raising money to cover the costs of pressing Dust Bunny – latest LP by Twink (a.k.a. Mike Langlie) that is scheduled for Oct. 2 release by Disques du Lapin.
Campaign: Revolutionaries Will Be Ostracized
Amount raised as of Sep. 29: $325
Goal: $3,000 by Oct. 29
What it is: A campaign by Chris – Dorchester, MA based artist/musician (his projects include Lightning Pill, CSOIM and Blank Tapes) with Aspergers syndrome who is looking to fund a video about his life in order to help others with the condition. Chris also wrote a blog post on Afropunk explaining the project in details.
- October Announcements – Skyjellytober, Space Mountain and more!
- Hassle Fest 7 IndieGoGo Campaign In Numbers + Twitter / Press Mentions
- Roundup – Mixtapes of Hassle Fest I-III
- Hassle Fest 7 Press, Mentions and Blog Posts
- Roundup – Hassle Fest 7 Super Mega Blowout!
- Report Card #3 – Skyjelly / Solilians Split - 4th December 2020
- Premiere: Cheer-Accident – Weather Report/Shaft/Salvation Army Salad/InnTrialTaint - 4th December 2020
- Listen: Guest Mix by Allister Thompson - 3rd December 2020