It takes more than a bit of guts/nerve to tackle songs by an artist as iconic as Kate Bush. And it is our belief that German vocalist/composer Theo Bleckmann pulled it off and was able to breathe new life into KB’s originals at this year’s Big Ears.
It is our other belief that an artist that while general public defines artists by hits they produce, said hits don’t always represent the entirety of artist’s work. Thus it was a pleasure to hear less obvious choices (Suspended in Gaffa, Violin) being featured in Theo’s set along with hits (Wuthering Heights, Running Up That Hill).
Here are two songs from Theo’s set we were able to capture that night – “Running Up That Hill” and “Cloudbusting” (both of which can be found on his 2011 CD Hello Earth! The Music of Kate Bush.
— 🍲Ethan AD🔊 (@EthanAD) March 23, 2019
— Amy J. Elias (@amyjelias) March 22, 2019
- Blog Summary – April 2019: Pt. 4
- Listening Room – New Music Suggestions for February 2019
- Music Recommendations for August 2019: Pt. 4
- Music Recommendations for August 2019: Pt. 2
- Music Recommendations for August 2019: Pt. 1
- Track-by-Track: Nicholas Burgess – Electric Brain Electric Silence - 24th November 2020
- Review: Jesu – Terminus - 24th November 2020
- Listen: Fighter Jets x IHeartNoise November 2020 Mixtape - 24th November 2020