As mentioned earlier, we’re heading off to Big Ears Festival in Knoxville, TN at the end of the month! North Carolina musician Eddie Garcia (who runs Pedal Fuzz blog and records as 1970s Film Stock) is also heading to BE2018 and we asked him to come up with a mix of favorites from artists performing at the fest.
Here’s Grayson Currin (Pitchfork / Indy Week) sounding off on the music of 1970s Film Stock:
He powers his individual abstraction with fondness for Alan Licht and Derek Bailey, his guitar crying, sighing and screaming broken riffs and dissonant themes
On a Different Note:
- Those Wigs Might Cover Big Ears – Pedal Fuzz on BE 2018!
- Stuff You Might've Missed – Lightning Bolt
- Recap // St Paddy’s Day 2021: New Music from Ireland
- Video Premiere: Headboggle – Suspense Jag
- Sonic Youth News – Dec. ’11 – Upcoming Albums From Disappears, Lee Ranaldo & more!