For nearly a decade, Death by Audio was a recording studio, an effect pedal workshop, a music venue, and a home to musicians and artists. Oliver Ackermann (A Place to Bury Strangers) found the warehouse in 2005 and along with fellow artists in Dirty on Purpose, he started hosting concerts to help pay to build out bedrooms and studios. By 2007 DBA was hosting bands almost every night. Over 1,800 shows later, DBA announced its impending eviction with an epic final month of programming. Start Your Own Fucking Show Space tracks the last days of DBA in November 2014, a sweaty, bittersweet homecoming for many artists who began their career there.
SYOFS features 26 tracks from the likes of Thee Oh Sees, Lightning Bolt, Dan Deacon, Deerhoof, Protomartyr, Metz and many more!
Pre-order the compilation via Famous Class and/or hear various tracks from the compilation below
The Fader | Pitchfork | Gimme Tinnitus | Post Trash
- Band Profile – A Place To Bury Strangers
- New/Upcoming Music Releases – June 2012 – MBV, Om and more!
- New Music Releases – A Place To Bury Strangers – Exploding Head
- Dog Ear Days – MP3 + Videos + Reviews + Stream The Entire Album
- Track-by-Track: Body in the Thames – Public Domain 3D Terrain - 16th January 2021
- 2020 in Review // Mixes by Matt DeMello - 15th January 2021
- Around 2020 in 12 Weeks // 9 Favorite Songs of Disco Sam - 14th January 2021