This year, Helmet are scheduled to release “Eye Seeing Dog” – their first studio album since 2006 “Monochrome”. Its going to be released via Work Song label, which is run by Hamliton and Joe Henry. Originally it was slated for release in June, but was pushed back to August of 2010.
In an interview with Noisecreep website, Hamilton commented on the album and its recording process:
“It’s a cool album. I’m really into it. It’s really good. The mastering guy was freaking out. That makes you feel good. You have to take some time to step back from it. I’m the singer, songwriter, guitar player, producer. I do all the backing vocals and all the extra instruments. It’s just about putting everything into it and making it great. You can’t really worry about what people are going to say … a lot of people have a musical agenda or a stylistic agenda. ‘I like emo.’ Well, we’re not emo. ‘OK fine.’ We’re not metal. We’re not hardcore. It’s just HELMET.”
Further Reading: Noisecreep / Wikipedia / Latest Disgrace
- Seeing Eye Dog – The Reviews Are In!
- Review – Helmet – Seeing Eye Dog (Work Song)
- Concert Review – Ribs + Intronaut + Helmet at the Middle East (10.20.10)
- Upcoming Music Releases – Controlled Bleeding – Ode To Bubbler (Winged Disc / Soleilmoon)
- Upcoming Music Releases – Melvins – Bride Screamed Murder
- Listen: VEX // Guest Mix by 9T Antiope - 26th March 2020
- Around 2019 in 12 Weeks: Label / End of the Year Mix by Muzan Editions - 23rd March 2020
- St. Paddy’s 2020: Artists/Labels from Ireland + New Music Recommendations - 17th March 2020