Tonic immobility is a natural state of paralysis that animals enter, often called animal hypnosis. Its function is not certain. It may be related to mating in certain animals like sharks. It may also be a way of avoiding or deterring predators (playing dead is called thanatosis).
Tonic immobility has also been used for the paralysis that often immobilizes animals, such as rodents or birds, when they feel threatened by a predator. Tonic immobility plays a role in survival if it helps a hunted animal to blend in with its surroundings.
Reading – Mike Patton’s Week
Welcoming back a motley crew of Mike Patton, Duane Denison, John Stanier and Trevor Dunn with their first album since 2013 Oddfellows.
Yes – that would be Battles of Secret Chiefs 3 with Mr. Bungle and Jesus Lizard wearing a Helmet. Quite a mouthful, isn’t it.
Listen to Business Casual. Out via Ipecac Recordings on March 26.
- Mike Patton's Week – Tomahawk
- Tomahawk In The News – June ’12 – Eponymous to Anonymous + Details on Oddfellows
- New/Upcoming Music Releases – Fantomas – Director’s Cut Live: A New Year’s Revolution DVD
- Mike Patton's Week – Continued – His Other Bands / Projects
- Other Specials – Sonic Youth + Mike Patton