Many people know David Yow, drunken poet extraordinaire behind Scratch Acid and Jesus Lizard, but how many people know David Yow the actor?
According to his IMDB entry, Yow’s career includes a number of roles in independent movies – from 1994 Walls In The City (which featured a soundtrack by Denison-Kimball Trio) to shorts like Spiral and Sunday Punch.
And the good news is that Yow is slated to appear in two more movies – High & Outside and Too Late.
High & Outside (directed by Evald Johnson) is an autobiographical movie based on Johnson’s experiences as the son of a Major League baseball player turned controversial manager.
In addition to Yow, the movie will also feature Richard Patrick of NIN/Filter fame, as well as Geoff Lewis, Scarlett Fay and Phil Donlon.
You can check out teaser for the movie here and/or donate to Kickstarter campaign for the movie.
Too Late is a feature-debut of Dennis Hauck (Al’s Beef, The Plunge, Sunday Punch). Its a story of a private investigator tasked with finding a woman he ends up bonding with told in non-linear fashion.
In addition to Yow, the movie is going to feature Oscar nominee John Hawkes (Lincoln, Contagion, Winter’s Bone), Crystal Reed (CSI, The Hard Times Of RJ Berger) and others.
- Upcoming Music Releases – Walter Sickert & The Army of Toys – Come Black Magic
- Boston Crowdfunding Campaigns Galore! Hassle Fest 7 + Lightning Pill + Twink’s latest LP
- Roundup – Mixtapes of Hassle Fest I-III
- Upcoming – Video Documentary On Boston Rock Scene From ExNoise
- Reviews – Young Hunting – Attachment In A Child And The Subsequent Condition (Agenda Recordings)