Meet Austin’s spazz-mongering soothsayers, Zorch. Formed in 2009 by Berklee College alum Zac Traeger and a gentlemen known simply as Shmu, the duo was already a devastating live force when it exited the womb, winning hearts and crushing minds in and around an already fertile music scene. Boasting shimmering sci-fi sounds, percussive acrobatics, and a strong inclination toward solid hooks, Zorch’s noise-pop places equal emphasis on the noise and the pop sides of the spectrum. Their new two-song single Cosmic Gloss/E.M.F., their first batch of recordings since their early demos, showcases the more nuanced side of Zorch’s supersonic garage rock-damaged prog. Fans of Boredoms, Holy Fuck, and Hella would do well to visit their music page for some free downloads.
Kenny Bloggins / The Decibel Tolls
- Theory Of Everything – Bios – Zorch
- 100 I Heart Noise Posts From 2011 – Pt. 1
- IHRTN Posts Roundup – Bios, Interviews and more!
- 100 I Heart Noise Posts From 2011 – Pt. 2
- Supersonic 2010 – Videos – Godflesh, Napalm Death, Lichens and more!
- Review: Mood Taeg – Exophora - 26th November 2020
- Track-by-Track: Nicholas Burgess – Electric Brain Electric Silence - 24th November 2020
- Review: Jesu – Terminus - 24th November 2020