Return is the latest in the series of EPs that Eu La put out since July and its a fine demonstration of the idea that ambient doesn’t always have to mean sonic wallpaper (blame Brian Eno for that one). The initial impression that I got is that this is fairly simple and relaxing electronic music, but subtle nuances and textures on display here suggest that its anything but run of the mill ambient/glitch/electronics.
Its tracks like appropriately named Cloud Cathedral with its celestial (and somewhat philosophical) ambiance and guitar-driven Return (why not) that best demonstrate the peculiar mix of glitch/abtraction and melody characterizing this project.
- Tributes – Masters of Misery (Earache, 1992 / 1997)
- Review – Andrew Weathers – A Great Southern City (Full Spectrum, 2010)
- Listen: RI/Mass Mix by Tovarish
- Twink – Dust Bunny
- IHRTN Showcase Mix!
- Report Card #3 – Skyjelly / Solilians Split - 4th December 2020
- Premiere: Cheer-Accident – Weather Report/Shaft/Salvation Army Salad/InnTrialTaint - 4th December 2020
- Listen: Guest Mix by Allister Thompson - 3rd December 2020