Our friends in Pylon Reenactment Society are hitting the road this winter and they’ll be sharing the stage with legendary Man or Astro-Man? and Alice Bag (among many others)! PRS is a continuation of Athens, GA Pylon and features the band’s founder Vanessa Briscoe Hay.
Read an interview we did with Vanessa, watch the footage of the band playing NYC’s Mercury Lounge and/or check out the tour dates below!
Nov. 29 – Caledonia (Athens, GA) – with with Man or Astro-Man?, Tar, Gotobeds, and Honey Radar
Dec. 5 – Barboza (Seattle, WA) – with Soft Reputation
Dec. 6 – The Red Museum (Sacramento, CA) – with Boy Romeo
Dec. 7 – Brick and Mortar (San Francisco, CA) – with Blank Square and Modern Dance
Dec. 9 – Echoplex (Los Angeles, CA) – Part Time Punks, The Tissues and Alice Bag
Jan. 5 – Market Hotel (Brooklyn, NY) – support TBA
In related news…PRS got new material on the way! Chunklet Industries got a pre-order going for Messenger/Cliff Notes single and you can reserve your copy for 7.99$.
“Messenger” is a mid tempo meditation on love, war and modern communication. “Cliff Notes” jumps in right in at breakneck speed. The lyrics mix silly dance moves with anti-racist admonitions for the precipice we find ourselves on today.
- Pylon Reenactment Society – Footage from Mercury Lounge + 2018 Tour Report
- Upcoming Events – July 2018: NYC Edition
- Retrospective 2017 Label Mixes Roundup – Field Hymns, Shadowtrash Tape Group, Strategic Tape Reserve
- Listen: Strategic Tape Reserve 2017 Mix
- Post-Independence Marathon – New Music from Georgia