3 different voices from 3 different corners of America, equal amount of talent in each one – here’s a a handful of new generation of female singers/songwriters that are worthy of anyone’s attention
SassyBlack (Seattle, WA)
Erykah Badu meets Warp Records – hologram funk and electronic psychedelic soul of Catherine “Cat” Harris-White’, one half of THEESatisfaction
I have been. I have existed. I still exist. In my many lives I explore the concepts of art, music and design through patterns. My craft reflects such experimentation through music compilation and composition.
Drea Vibe Dealer (Chicago, IL)
“Out Your Life” (off of Triple Goddess EP) could easily be a long-lost track/b-side from Portishead with its mysterious atmosphere and slight touch of melancholy
And Then There Was One (Boston, MA)
Although her music got comparisons to anyone from Mazzy Star to Brand New, ATTW1 (aka Stevie Caldwell) seems to be largely in the league of her own. Her songs are airy and atmospheric studies and reflections on the trappings of love & relationships
- Roundup – Recent IHRTN Posts
- Review: Dark Sunny Land – Reflections
- Review – Infant Cycle – Plays Fender Bass Guitars And Bird Cages Of Unknown Origins, Exclusively (The Ceiling)
- New/Upcoming Music Releases – June 2012 – MBV, Om and more!
- Video Premiere: Coupler – The Technocrat
- Review: Mood Taeg – Exophora - 26th November 2020
- Track-by-Track: Nicholas Burgess – Electric Brain Electric Silence - 24th November 2020
- Review: Jesu – Terminus - 24th November 2020