New full-length from a Canadian quartet whose music was described as a cross between Beach Boys and Velvet Underground. Its a follow-up to their 2008 self-titled debut.
In places claustrophobic, conjuring walking dreams of sexual anguish and general decay, elsewhere soaring with vintage guitar tones and vocal melodies or collapsing into swirling, mesmerizing swells, “Public Strain” cycles through insomnia, paranoia, resignation and euphoria, to capture a band with an undeniable voice coming into full awareness of their craft.
Buy Valium Without Prescription. – MBV
MP3: Narrow With The Hall | Eyesore
Further Info: Flemish Eye | MySpace
Reviews: The 405 | Austin Town Hall | Aquarium Drunkard | Ca Va Cool | Coke Machine Glow | Crawdaddy! | DOA | Drowned In Sound | Dusted Reviews | Herohill | Surfing On Steam |The Line Of Best Fit | One Thirty BPM | The Sheaf | Weird Canada
Video interview from the “internet’s busiest nerd” – The Needle Drop (who also coined the term post-wave while describing “Public Strain)
- More reviews for new/recent releases + MP3 + Videos
- 2011 Releases Roundup – The Vandelles + Ringo Deathstarr
- Red Barked Tree – The Reviews Are In!
- The Melvins Announce Coast-to-Coast Residency Tour
- Listen: Polyp Explodes (compilation)
- Report Card #3 – Skyjelly / Solilians Split - 4th December 2020
- Premiere: Cheer-Accident – Weather Report/Shaft/Salvation Army Salad/InnTrialTaint - 4th December 2020
- Listen: Guest Mix by Allister Thompson - 3rd December 2020