Brand new full-length from Brooklyn dub/rock trio that worked with Matisyahu and Mike Patton. It came out on October 25th on ROIR label.
Dub, metal, and reggae. It’s an unlikely mix, but one the Brooklyn-based Dub Trio have made all their own over the years. Comprised of bassist Stu Brooks, guitarist DP Holmes, and drummer Joe Tomino, Dub Trio have provided the complex, yet solid, backbone of their phenomenal live support to touring musicians such as Mike Patton (with his Peeping Tom outfit) and Matisyahu, lent a helping hand in the studio to Yoko Ono and Mos Def, and all the while have found the time to record their own unique taste in rock.
Their latest (and aptly named fourth) studio album, IV, pushes rock and dub further into experimental territory. There’s more rock and metal on this album, which is where the band really excels, and the dub and delays that were more prolific before take a backseat.
Consequence Of Sound
Check out an MP3 for “Control Issues Controlling Your Mind” below (courtesy of Village Voice).
01 – En Passant
02 – Noise
03 – Swam
04 – Control Issues Controlling Your Mind
05 – Ends Justify The Means
06 – Words
07 – Patient Zero
08 – 1:1.:618
09 – Thousand Mile Stare
More info / buy it: ROIR | Dub Trio – Official Site
Reviews: Blogcritics Music | Metaltalk.net | Kik Axe Music | Popdose | A.V. Club |
Interviews: Village Voice
- Artist Profile – Mike Patton
- Mike Patton's Week – Continued – His Other Bands / Projects
- Other Specials – Sonic Youth + Mike Patton
- Review – Mike Patton – Luciano Berio Laborintus II
- Upcoming Music Releases – The Book Of Knots – Garden Of Fainting Stars (Ipecac)
- Review: Mood Taeg – Exophora - 26th November 2020
- Track-by-Track: Nicholas Burgess – Electric Brain Electric Silence - 24th November 2020
- Review: Jesu – Terminus - 24th November 2020