Thanks to NPR, you can now stream “David Comes To Life” – an upcoming studio album/rock opera from Canadian band Fucked Up.
For a four-act musical with meta-narrative plot twists like something out of Thornton Wilder’s playOur Town, the album starts as a defiantly bright light in a bleak world. Even by drummer Jonah Falco’s (a.k.a. Guinea Beat) basic summation, David Comes to Life “is a love story”: Boy (David Eliade) has boring life, boy meets girl (Veronica Boisson), boy and girl plan act of grand protest. After a multiple-guitar introduction, “Queen of Hearts” serves as the ecstatic, bright-eyed anthem of the doomed lovers. By the effusively hopeful chorus, sung alternately by Abraham and Cults’ Madeline Follin, you’re already cheering for David and Veronica, much the way you’d cheer for Broadway lovers.
- Upcoming Music Releases – Fucked Up – David Comes To Life (Matador)
- Show Review – Call of the Wild / Dinosaur Jr. at the Sinclair (12.15.2013)
- Valentine's Day Mixtape – 2016
- Iain’s end of year list of albums that were very enjoyable to listen to
- Reviews – Ten – East Of The Elm EP (Self-Released, 2012)