File under: ambient/experimental
UR is a Mexico-based publishing house/record label that have about 50 releases under its belt- mostly tapes, but also LPs and CDrs as well as some print material.
The reason for IHRTN pick – quality control.
A casual listen of the first two releases on URs Bandcamp page shows that the label takes itself and its signings seriously – Aux Field‘s Station ||| is a nice slab of dubby ambience not too far removed from the likes of Gas/Pole/Loscil and a worthy candidate for a soundtrack to a sci-fi documentary, while Driftmachine‘s Rungler Statik is more of an industrial/techno piece with an ominous atmosphere.
Further Info: Website | Facebook | Twitter
- Mixtape – Pazz & Jop
- Bits o' News – Alga Marghen, Rocket Recordings and more!
- Upcoming Music Releases – 1991: The Year The Punk Broke DVD (Universal Music)
- Mixtape – Pazz and Jop (II)
- Roundup – Amphetamine Reptile, Helmet, Melvins and more!
- Listen: VEX // Guest Mix by 9T Antiope - 26th March 2020
- Around 2019 in 12 Weeks: Label / End of the Year Mix by Muzan Editions - 23rd March 2020
- St. Paddy’s 2020: Artists/Labels from Ireland + New Music Recommendations - 17th March 2020