Artists usually confined to the world of underground house shows will be brought to the main stage this weekend for Hassle Fest 7.
Hassle Fest, a three-day music festival organized by BRAIN Arts, a nonprofit concert organizer based in Jamaica Plain, will take over the Cambridge Elks Lodge, Out of the Blue Too Gallery and Brighton Music Hall, the largest venues to host the festival thus far.
According to Sam Potrykus, co-director of BRAIN, Hassle Fest will showcase bands producing new, interesting work that may not be as visible in the music scene.
“I’d call it underground because it is not genre-specific,” Potrykus said. “Hip-hop, punk, electronic. By and large, it’s experimental. It has this avant-garde-ness. They came from the underground.”
Liam Hofmeister / Huntington News
- Hassle Fest Memories – Day 1: New England Patriots / Downtown Boys / Whip Appeal
- Hassle Fest 7 Memories – Day 2: Dent + Unicorn Hard-On + Mini Dresses
- Hassle Fest 7 Memories – Day 1: Gauche / World Cup / Listening Woman
- Only 7 hours left to donate to Hassle Fest 7 Campaign!
- Hassle Fest 7 Press, Mentions and Blog Posts
Latest posts by Ilya S. (see all)
- Unspooling the Thread // Exploring African Music with Greg Nieuwsma - 25th May 2020
- Track-by-Track: Closed Circuits – Lucifer - 25th May 2020
- Upcoming Livestreams / Online Shows / Festivals – May 2020 - 21st May 2020