As reported by our sister blog Boston Becomes Eclectic, preparation is under way for Hassle Fest 7 – annual festival of underground music that features both local and national artists! This time the headliners are legendary Flipper performing equally legendary madman David Yow of Scratch Acid / Jesus Lizard / Qui fame!
In the meantime, here’s a look at previous years of the festival:
Homegrown 3 took place at Villa Victoria Center For the Arts in 2011 and featured Young Adults, Skimask, Major Stars, Blues Control and Quilt, among many others.
There’s also a corresponding digital compilation that was released by Bodies of Water Arts & Crafts and you can stream it below (or buy it for $7 through Bandcamp):
Homegrown 4 (aka Boston Hassle Fest) took place at Cambridge Elks Lodge in 2012 and was headlined by Pissed Jeans and Gary Wilson! Other bands on the bill included Bugs and Rats, Blue Sausage Infant, Burning Star Core, Purling Hiss, Sore Eros and Sightings, among many others.
- Hassle Fest Memories – Day 1: JOSS / Urochromes / Black Beach
- Hassle Fest Marathon – Previous Years! The Story of Homegrown Fest 1 & 2
- Hassle Fest 7 Memories – Day 1: Gauche / World Cup / Listening Woman
- Videos from Homegrown Fest (courtesy of Liz Pelly / Pelly Twins)
- Hassle Fest 7 Press, Mentions and Blog Posts
Latest posts by Ilya S. (see all)
- Track-by-Track: Middle Blue – Weird Funk in Small Bars - 27th November 2020
- Review: Mood Taeg – Exophora - 26th November 2020
- Track-by-Track: Nicholas Burgess – Electric Brain Electric Silence - 24th November 2020