Further Info: Facebook | Twitter | Bandcamp | Future Sequence | The Silent Ballet
Milk is another London band who (in their own words) are mixing “melodic with the chaotic” and “draw from shoegaze, post rock and ambient electronica to create a distinctive texture cut through with doubled androgynous vocals.” Check their two EPs – self-titled one (from 2009) and “Oubilette” (from 2010) – both of which are available via Milk’s Bandcamp page.
Further Info: Facebook | Twitter | MySpace | Flickr | Last.fm
Photo Credit: Hannah Morgan
Final Coil is a duo of Philip “Pip” Stiles and Richard Awdry which was started in 2000. Their list of influences includes anyone from Manic Street Preachers to Nine Inch Nails to Mr. Bungle and musically they are all over the place indeed – the band’s MySpace page includes power ballads like “Torn Apart”, as well as “Endgame” – a song which is slightly reminiscent of Alice In Chains (had Cantrell/Staley harmonies been replaced with vicious hardcore/metal vocals).
Many of the band’s songs are available for download via their Last.fm page.
Further Info: Official Site | Facebook | Bandcamp | Unsigned.com
- Download + Review – Headless Horseman / Mitchell Museum
- Download / Streaming Vault – International Edition – Echoes From Jupiter, Phone Home, Tuber, Sleepin Pillow
- Download Vault – Boston Edition – RIBS + Banditas + Red Bellows
- Download Vault – Boston Edition – Aeon, Koala, Lion Cub, Walter Sickert & The Army Of Broken Toys
- Download / Streaming Vault – Mitchell Museum + Aeronautix + Female Demand + Down I Go