Cudighi (/ˈkʊdəɡiː/) is a spicy Italian sausage seasoned with sweet spices that can be bought in links or served as a sandwich on a long, hard roll, often with mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce. Although it originated in Italy, it is now primarily served in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan in the United States.
We may not know what cudighi really tastes like, but we really dig the idea of a label named after food. Because, let’s face it, what is music is not soul food? And what is a record label if not a restaurant/eatery that provides a zone of comfort for a hungry soul?
LA-based Cudighi Recs certainly seem to appreciate the whole food/music connection as much as we do (start with their logo). So prepare to feast your ears on a platter of 11 tracks that they picked for us!
And don’t forget to check out our archives to discover even more great record labels…
1. metoronori – まだ (from “?” letter)
2. Windmill Music – Ghosts Over Town (from Sampler Platter Vol. 1)
3. Sumuposauttaja – Variation (MISIU Remix) (from SP1ALBUM (Limited Remix Edition))
4. Ecto Mist – Gossamer (from Sampler Platter Vol. 1)
5. Laura Luna Castillo – I Breathe Trust (from Folksonomies)
6. Fahmi Mursyid – Verlaten (from Krakatoa)
7. Laura Luna Castillo – The Memory of the Eternal Now (from Folksonomies)
8. William Lyon of Rosycross – Lifeforce (Johnny, It’s Not Too Late to Call Off the Wedding) (from Alter in der Fülle)
9. TV Dinner Education – External Borders (from Nya Perspektiv)
10. Sumuposauttaja – Only 1 (Central Spark Remix) (from SP1ALBUM (Limited Remix Edition))
11. Ditto – Houston, Over (from Texas, Electric)
CR on Free Form Freakout
CR on Houdini Mansions
Review of Boojum album by Ditto on Cudighi Records (via Andrulian’s Blog)
Finds – Week of July 9, 2018 (via Noise Haven)
Tape Review: William Lyon Of Rosycross’ – ‘Alter in der Fülle’ (via Counterzine)
Jimmy Tamborello — Dying Songs (08.27.19) (via Dublab)
Tabs Out Cassette Podcase: Episode #129