While Earth is currently preparing to release the second installment in Angels Of Darkness, Demons Of Light series, its time to look back at its predecessor.
Angels Of Darkness, Demons Of Light I is the sixth full-length from Earth – a follow-up to 2008 The Bees Made Honey In Lion’s Skull.
The album came out on Southern Lord label and was described by Dylan Carlson as more melodic and riff oriented than Hex, Or Printing The Infernal Method, their 2006 LP.
Read more on the album on NPR’s All Songs Considered blog.
Check out audio clips/MP3 files from the album
See live clips from the band’s 2011 Tour
4/8 – Muliplicity Of Doors (Button Factory / Dublin, Ireland)
4/14 – Old Black (Sugar Factory / Melkweg, Netherlands)
4/14 – Ouroboros Is Broken (Sugar Factory / Melkweg, Netherlands)
4/15 – The Bees Made Honey In The Lion’s Skull (Midi Theater / Roadburn Festival 2011, Netherlands)
4/15 – Descent To The Zenith (Midi Theater / Roadburn Festival 2011, Netherlands)
4/30 – Coda Maestoso In Flat Minor (Velenje, Slovenia)
9/11 – Father Midnight (The Earl / Atlanta, Georgia)
See also: IHRTN’s Review of O Paon / Earth Show At The Middle East (06/14/11)
Reporting Live: Earth (Dig Boston)
- 10 Releases From A Departing Year – Earth – The Bees Made Honey In The Lion’s Skull
- Upcoming Music Releases – Earth – Angels Of Darkness, Demons Of Light (Southern Lord)
- Earth – Audio / Video Archive
- Show Review – O Paon / Earth at the Middle East (06.14.11)
- Tour Dates – Earth
- Track-by-Track: Cool and Frank – Contacts in the Unseen World EP - 24th October 2020
- Review: USA Nails – Character Stop - 24th October 2020
- Track-by-Track: Sunbane – Crooked Timber - 23rd October 2020