I can’t help but think Paul McCartney is probably kicking himself for not thinking of composing “Poor Thing,” with its sweet harmonies and lulling melody. The piano-driven track is coupled with an unassuming bassline which allows everything else to swirl around it, just like the infrequency of guitars. It’s a difference from the opening title-track, which reeks of 90s-indie inspiration but sounds as contemporary as it can get.
We also highly recommend diving into a recent interview that Andy Mascola did with Bill as part of his podcast People Are the Enemy!
- Video Premiere: Grand Mal – Black Aura
- Burn My Letters – Report Card
- Burn My Letters Report Card #3 – Radio / Podcasts
- Burn My Letters – Report Card #4
- Recap: Report Cards for Burn My Letters + Bill Whitten Reflects on Johnny Thunders / NYC