Whether consciously or not, opening shot of “New Deal” mirrors that of Numb by U2. Not that the song sounds anything like U2’s paean to media addiction, by any means.
Where it goes after the opening shot is also quite different from where Numb ends up. Its a disjointed recollection of a day in the life, if you will – an argument with a girlfriend followed by a stroll down the street, followed by being chased by…ghosts? And then its back to reality – with smashed plates and arguments flying all over the place.
If the video is any indicator life isn’t really easy for Patrick. One hopes, however, that this was all a hallucinatory dream and much like in a soap opera the main character is about to wake up and discover he just a saw horrible nightmare.
Salad Days by Patrick Bates is out now on Verses Records.
- Video Premiere: Bob Villain – Pochek
- Video Premiere: Bloom de Wilde – Atlas Cassandra
- Upcoming Music Releases – Fucked Up – David Comes To Life (Matador)
- Review + Stream – shredderghost – Buff Nape (Resonant Press)
- Video Premiere: Fire-Toolz – mailto:[email protected]?subject=Mind-Body Parallels/Clear Light