Ah, perils of opening doors to strangers! First it was Men at Work asking “Who could it be now?” and some 30 years later Buck Gooter continues the legacy by giving us another warning.
Musically the two might not have much in common (for one the Buck Gooter song features heavy tribal stomp in place of saxophone solo). Lyrically and visually, however, both use symbolism to keep us on our toes at all times – whether its an eye peeping into Colin Hay’s apartment or a big eye following Billy and Terry from BG as they practice.
“Don’t Talk to the Dead” can be found on 100 Bells LP that came out on Ramp Local label in July of this year and features press release written by none other than Henry Rollins!
- Interview with Buck Gooter
- Review: Terry and Louie – …A Thousand Guitars
- Show Review – Lightning Bolt at the Paradise (9.23.12)
- Song Premiere: Ship & Sail – Get Clean
- Your Guide to 2017 Music Festivals – Northside, Supersonic, Heart of Noise, Liverpool Psych Fest