Algiers couldn’t be here – we’re Tangiers
All the praise is well-deserved as Algiers provide a show and music that makes you move as much as it makes you think.
Algiers—named for the 1960s film about an anti-colonial uprising—sits proudly in the former camp. Algiers are as much musicians as they are storytellers, peeling back layers of history and shaking them up in a stylistic grab-bag, then unleashing them as a soulful outburst sound.
Below we collected some of the tweets/photos/videos from fellow Big Ears travellers who witnessed the show at The Standard (as well as some tweets about the secret show).
Algiers performs at The Standard for #BigEarsKnox.
— Amanda Fuchs (@fuchsiama) March 23, 2018
— Analogue_io (@analogue_io) March 23, 2018
— The Festival Spot (@TheFestivalSpot) March 24, 2018
— R. short (@composerShort) March 23, 2018
— Sidney Roy (@SidneyRoy) March 24, 2018
- Things We Saw / Things We Missed @ Big Ears 2018 – Four Tet / The Thing
- Things We Saw @ Big Ears 2018 – Jaga Jazzist
- Things We Saw / Things We Missed @ Big Ears 2018: Arto Lindsay
- Tweets of Big Ears 2018 – Pt. 2!
- Things We Saw / Things We Missed @ Big Ears 2018 – Diamanda Galas / Nief Norf
- Review: Mood Taeg – Exophora - 26th November 2020
- Track-by-Track: Nicholas Burgess – Electric Brain Electric Silence - 24th November 2020
- Review: Jesu – Terminus - 24th November 2020